Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the City of Bridge City. The following information is provided to assist you in understanding our employment process.
1. Applications are accepted between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for positions that are currently being advertised only.
2. A separate application is required for each position that you are applying for.
3. Resumes are accepted as an enhancement to, but not in lieu, of a City of Bridge City application. Applications will be mailed to candidates who submit a resume and should be completed and sent back to the Personnel Department.
4. Applications and resumes are reviewed by the Personnel Department to ensure that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications of the job. Only applicants whose experience meets the minimum qualifications are considered.
5. Although all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are considered, those candidates whose background and experience, and education are most closely related to the position and who have “preferred” qualifications may be considered first.
6. The hiring department will review the applications that are sent by the Personnel Department. Not all applicants will necessarily be interviewed. The hiring department may consider factors such as desired salary, flexibility in work schedule, specific experience, education, and other preferred qualifications when selecting candidates to be interviewed.
7. Once the hiring department has selected a candidate the Personnel Department will conduct reference checks on the selected candidate and notify the hiring department upon completion so a conditional job offer can be made.
8. All conditional offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug test, and shall also be contingent upon successful completion of a physical examination.
9. In the event that you have requested that we not contact your current employer until an offer is made, the conditional offer shall also be contingent upon satisfactory references from your current employer.
10. All candidates that are interviewed shall be notified by mail of the final results.
Again, we thank you for your interest in the City of Bridge City. We encourage you to continue checking our website.